from an eight-bed domiciliary in 1989 to a 52-bed Assisted Living and Specialty Care Facility. The new building was
constructed in 1997, with major expansion in 2003, to provide a safe and
caring environment for residents who require assistance with their
activities of daily living.
Cherokee Village offers
Regular Assisted Living (ALF) and Specialty Care Assisted Living
(SCALF). Both ALF and SCALF are licensed by the Alabama Department of
are complicated and may be forgotten, and performing Activities of Daily
Living such as Bathing, Grooming, and Dressing, may be too complex to
perform alone. Cherokee Village staff assists residents with medications and provides assistance with Activities of Daily Living.
Nutritious meals are provided in an attractive and appealing
The goal of Cherokee
Village is to help Senior Citizens enjoy their retirement years with
Independence, Dignity, and Security in a Home-Like Environment.
- 24-hour Assistance with Emergency call
buttons in every suite
- Assistance with Daily Activities as needed
- Private Parking
- Three meals a day, plus
- Housekeeping & Laundry Service
- Each suite has individually controlled
heat and air systems
- Cable TV and Wireless Internet
- Postal Service
- Relaxing dining rooms for social meal times
- Private Dining Room (may be reserved for
-Game and TV Room
- Sun Room/ Billiard Room
- Beauty and Barber Salon
- Outside Courtyard
- Licensed Nurse on Duty 24 Hours a Day
- CNA's and Care Attendants on duty 24-hrs a day
- Physician, RN, and Management on call 24/7
- Support Group for Care Givers
- Just to name some of the many services we provide every day to our residents.
"Managed by Preferred Health Services, INC.
230 West Main St. P.O. Box 283
Centre, Al. 35960
Telephone (256) 927-7408
Fax (256) 927-7444
(Back to Top)